Thursday, June 7, 2007

Coincidence?

To make a VERY long story short....
I have been working very hard over the last several months to get a children's story, that I wrote, published. I spend any and all free time on this project. After much research and deliberation, my husband and I were moving in the direction of self publishing. And after many hours of time and dedication, we found ourselves at the "fork in the road" where the big decisions had to be made. And the biggest decision was about the huge amount of money that we would have to invest upfront. This put a damper on the dream and excitement. We just don't have the money to put into this right now. I was left questioning if we should move forward with the publishing at all.
And so I found myself back to where I started from with the project....in prayer. I realized that somewhere along the way I had removed God from the equation and was making all decisions on my own without council. And so I came back and asked God for His guidance, for His help, to let me know what he wanted me to do, to show me which direction he wanted me to go. I wanted this whole venture to be about Him from the beginning, to help to spread his message, to help to fulfill His purpose and plan for my life. Through my time in prayer I realized that this project had taken on a life of it's own, and that my pride and ego were starting to get in the way, and my stress and anxiety level were on an up rise. I was getting overwhelmed and spread too thin and feeling like my overall mood as a mother and wife were being affected. I began to ask God if this book was even something that he wanted me to do at all anymore.....
And the next day I started to get severe abdominal pains....that lasted several days....and I ended up in the ER with a ruptured ovarian cyst.
God??? Are you trying to tell me something??? Did I miss your voice the first few times you tried to tell me to slow it down? Was this the only way you could get me to chill out for a few days?
I wonder, is there such thing as a coincidence when you are asking for God's divine intervention? And I wonder, now, what am I to do? How do I know what God wants for my life? How do I know what is the right decision to make in regards to this book? And how do I know if something was just a coincidence....or if it was a "Godincidence?"

No comments: