Friday, May 8, 2009

Manna

"Then the Lord said t Moses, "Look, I'm going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day. I will test them in this to see whether or not they will follow my instructions."
Exodus 16:4

I have been feeling so overwhelmed in my job at Acres of Love. There are so may things that I want to do, so many ways in which I want to share the story of what we are doing to rescue AIDS orphans in South Africa, so many campaigns I want to kick off in order to bring in funding to support the children in our care. But, it's all so big and consuming and I feel paralyzed, trapped, insignificant, powerless. I feel sometimes like although my intentions are good, I am doing nothing worthwhile.
Lately I have been trying to focus on the present, on each day as it is given to me. I have been praying in the morning that I would sincerely have an attitude that is thankful for just that day, that is open to God's leading in each moment, that will walk through every door that is opened for me, that I will take advantage of each opportunity that presents itself. I am trying to rely on God to give me just what I need to get through the day ahead, learning more to trust and obey, be intentional and deliberate.
I like the idea of "Manna." For the Israelites the manna was a gift-it came every day and was just what they needed. Christ is out daily bread who satisfies our eternal, spiritual need.

No comments: