Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Taylor Love




Father God,
Thank you for the gift of my daughter Taylor Love. Thank you for blessing my life with her 2 years ago. Thank you for entrusting her into my care and for giving me the opportunity to know her and love her and raise her. She is such a precious girl, so full of craziness and silliness and energy. She is bright and loving and funny and has been such a blessing to our whole family. Her birth 2 years ago drew me to you God, and for that, I praise you!
Father, I pray for her protection. I pray that you will keep her safe and healthy. I pray that you will watch over her always, being before her and after her and all around her. I pray that her mind will be sharp and her heart will be strong.
Above all else Lord, I pray that she will love you. I pray that she will seek you and want to know you and long to learn about you and serve you. I know God that if she commits her life to you, that she will be filled with joy, she will be purposeful and confident and self assured, she will be peaceful, humble, loving. I know that if she truly loves you she will surround herself with good friends, and make good choices and do good. And I know that if she accepts your love and grace and sincerely believes that she has a purpose, your purpose, she will grow up feeling good about herself, feeling whole and complete. I know Lord, that a life devoted to you does not always ensure ease and comfort, but it does ensure a hope and a promise. Lord, fill Taylor with that hope, with a strong faith and bless her with a life that brings you glory.
Please help me to be a good mother for her. Give me the wisdom and patience and discernment that I need. Help me to be a good example for her. Fill me with your spirit, with your light, so that she sees your love in me. Use me as an instrument to reach her and teach her and draw her near to you.
In Christ's name I pray,
Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Thank You Kim and Mark for giving us another precious joy to have, to hold and to love. I can't imagine our life without our granddaughters.
We love you.
Mom and Dad (aka Grandma and Papa!)

Anonymous said...

From Psalms 127:3:

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.

What a great picture!! We decided to "try church" about 5 years ago, when our first daughter was 1 years old...