Sunday, December 30, 2007

What It's All About

Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with the task of sharing my faith with people. I want to, because I want people to know what an awesome difference God has made in my life, and I want them to come to know this God too. But, it's such a huge topic, and I never know where to begin, how to explain it, what to tell. I try to come up with proof for the Bible, evidence for the life of Jesus, answers to all the big questions. It's so daunting, seems impossible to explain, and I really don't understand it all well enough myself.
As I sort of soaked in the concept of the "fruit of the spirit" from my last blog, I began to get this reassuring feeling that God wants us to share Him with people exactly this way....by letting his spirit come into your life, change you, produce good fruit, and then just give Him the credit for it. The Lord wants to be glorified for all the great things He does in your life so that people will take notice of Him, become interested in his true saving power and then turn to Him themselves. This is how we share the gospel, the Good News of Jesus Christ, the real message of the redeeming work that God is still doing everyday. ,
"I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every brach of mine that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so that they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. " John 15:1-4 "When you produce much fruit, you are truly my disciples. tis brings much glory to my Father." John 15:7
These teaching about the fruit of the spirit and the vine and the branches might very well be my most favorite that I have learned. It seems to me that this is what God is all about. He is in the business of saving people. He wants to come into your life, move into your heart, prune you and purify you, change you, improve you, make you better, more whole. Then he wants you to just remain in Him, rely on him to be your source of true life, and then just give him the credit for all the amazing and miraculous things He has done in your life so that other will take notice and turn to him also. It's so beautiful, so perfect, so awesome, so overwhelming and glorious.

No comments: