Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Be Careful What You Wish For...

...you just might get it all...you just might get it all!"
by Chris Daughtry

I would say that second to the blessings that I ask for in regards to health and safety and strong faith for my family, one of my most frequent prayers goes something like this...
"God, thank you! Thank you for everything that you have done for me. Thank you for saving my life and for inviting me into this relationship with you. Thank you for loving me and accepting me even though I never did anything to deserve it. I am so humbled by your love, so overwhelmed by how good you are and I want to be in your presence all the time. I want to live my life totally committed to you, following you, being transformed by you. I want to be a light to shine in this world for you. I want to share your love with everyone. Your plan for saving this world is so, so perfect and I want to be a part of it. God change me and mold me and make me better. Lord use my life to bring you glory so that the the world will turn to you. I want everyone to know you and be in the middle of your love. I know that you are the answer, that you are the way to real freedom and peace and joy. I want to make a difference for you. I want to help you and serve you and dedicate my life to you. Use me Lord, use me."
I talk like this with God all the time. I have this deep, unquenchable desire to really step up and step out to make a difference for God and I have begged him countless times to use me for his glory.
I wonder if this opportunity to serve these sick, traumatized, helpless orphans in South Africa is His personal invitation?

No comments: