Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Desires of My Heart

"There is a radiance hidden in your heart that the world desperately needs."
-Captivating; Unveiling the Mystery Of A Woman's Soul

Mark and I met with our pastor last week to help navigate through a decision that is weighing on us. Since my involvement with an amazing organization called Acres of Love, I have found my life taking on a whole new purpose and direction. I feel very passionate about the work that Acres is doing to rescue and care for abandoned AIDS orphans in South Africa. I worked hard for months to plan a fundraiser to help with the costs for medical care for one very sick little girl in one of their homes and it was a smashing success. The organization has invited me to go to South Africa in October to meet the kids and see first hand how the program works.
My heart says to go, but head is freaking out. It's a dangerous country and I am the mother to 2 young girls. Is this the right season of life for me to do this? Is this where God wants me? Is He "calling" me to go there and be a part of this important cause? I asked my pastor "How do I know if this is God's will for me or if this is just me trying to fulfill some selfish desire?"
He answered, "God gives us the desires of our heart."
God made me to be a crazy romantic, a passionate bleeding heart, a natural servant, an obligated doer and my heart is aching to help these children in South Africa and make a real difference in their lives.
God, help me to know what you want me to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol usa tramadol hydrochloride dosage - tramadol high cholesterol

Anonymous said...

order tramadol online buy tramadol onlineno prescription cheap - buy tramadol online cod overnight

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online without script or where can i buy tramadol in canada or tramadol no prescription next day delivery or tramadol buy or legit place to buy tramadol online or buy tramadol online no prescription uk or buy tramadol online from canada