Sunday, July 15, 2007

Who Gets Blessed More?

I was humbled and inspired the other day. At a women's Bible study at my church, I said "hello" to the homeless woman who frequents our meetings. She is always around the church, at all the events, always there on Sunday morning, and comes to our Bible study. I have also seen her several mornings, curled up in her sleeping bag on the sand at North Beach.
I love the way the people at our church treat her, so welcoming, always offering her food and assistance and the seat next to them. I have noticed how often she goes back for coffee and breakfast treats during our Bible studies and I am glad that she has a place to fill up on food and the Word of God. Well, this past Wednesday she had a plastic grocery bag of apples with her. And as I greeted her and asked how she liked the mornings lesson, she offered me the seat next to her and asked if I would like an apple. I was taken back by her generosity and touched deeply. With as little as she had, she was willing to give some of it up. Surely the Lord will bless her for that. I know it blessed me.

"You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
Acts 20:35

No comments: