Saturday, May 26, 2007

"From This Moment"

Let's pretend for a moment that you were in my backyard this morning, at 8:30ish, peeking in through the kitchen window at my family. This is what you would have seen.....

Me at the sink, in my pajamas, cleaning up from a delicious breakfast that Mark had made. He got the girls up for me this morning, took them downstairs and made scrambled eggs with left over chili. (a family favorite for Saturday morning!) We had the iPod plugged in and playing loudly. (another family favorite for Saturday morning!) Our wedding song came on, "From This Moment" by Shania Twain. Mark took both of the girls in his arms, he sang the song softly to them and they danced around the kitchen, in their jammies. The girls were resting their heads on his shoulders, Katelyn with her eyes closed and the most serious look on her face. She was really into it, enjoying the embrace and really in love with her daddy. I watched from the sink, tears welling up in my eyes. When we got married and danced to that song, we were sooooo in love. But I never knew that our love would take this shape and form. I never could have imagined how it would feel to watch my daughters fall in love with him as I had. It's so beautiful to witness their deep admiration for him. I feel so good that I have provided this standard for my daughters. They are in the presence of such a good man and experiencing an authentic, loyal and unconditional love that will help to shape and mold them.
I never knew that some of the happiest moments for us as a couple would come while I was in my jammies, at the kitchen sink, while I watched the loves of my life hold each other and dance. Life is so, so good!

No comments: