Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My wish for raising girls

"A mother who radiates self love and self acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self esteem." -Naomi Wolf

May I always take good care of my body, eat healthy, exercise, take my vitamins, protect my skin. May I treat my body as the temple that it is. May I be satisfied with myself, enjoying the body, the shape, the figure that God has given me. May I understand and accept that not all women look the same, that we all come in different shapes and sizes and colors and varieties. May I appreciate that I will age, gracefully I hope, and that things will change and sag and wrinkle. May I know that it's what happens to all of us...especially those of us who have had multiple children!! May I be a role model for my daughters, to teach them how to love themselves, respect themselves, take care of themselves and enjoy themselves. May I see them grow into confident, self assured, comfortable, healthy, and proud young women. May I be able to take a little credit for it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"A mother who radiates self love and self acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self esteem." -Naomi Wolf

Oh. so good. That quote is going on my blog soon, Kim. So when can I tell others about YOUR blog?

Tod