Monday, May 28, 2007

Supernatural in 2007

"On the day of Pentecost all believers were meeting together in one place. Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm......And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit."
Acts 2:1-4
When Jesus went to heaven, his followers were empowered by God's Holy Spirit. This Spirit was the promised Advocate and Guide.
By simply putting their faith in Jesus Christ, people can claim that the Holy Spirit's power is in them.
So....because I put my faith in Jesus Christ....I literally have the Holy Spirit of God within me.
That's a tough one, I have to admit. How are we, in 2007, to believe all of this supernatural stuff? Am I REALLY supposed to accept and try to explain to others that my body is the dwelling place of the Spirit of God?
In John 3:6-7 Jesus says "Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life...You must be born again."
I do believe this. I do believe that once I truly made the decision to leave my "old life," once I realized and repented of my sinful ways, once I asked God to forgive me and to make me new, once I began inviting God into my life in everyway so that I could be closer to Him and more aware of his purpose for my life....that's when I felt truly alive. That is when my new and improved and full and purposeful life began. I am a changed person in so many ways. I have a fire and stirring inside me that I can only explain one way. I do believe, that the Creator of the universe has given me his Holy Spirit. I believe and am convinced that through His Spirit I am now able to have complete faith, to understand and use what I learn from the Bible, to be a more loving, compassionate, whole and peaceful person.
Yes, Even in 2007, we could use a little supernatural!

No comments: