Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Want To Know What Heaven Is Like?

COME SEE!
I thank God everyday for bringing me to this place. really, I do. Everyday in my prayers I literally thank God for leading Mark and I to San Clemente and to this wonderful little neighborhood in Talega. We are living on the end of a culdasac, at what I believe, is the very best spot in the whole community. We have such awesome neighbors, all young and kind and invested families. It's the best place to raise our kidlets.
And I thank God for urging me to try out San Clemente Presbyterian. From the first time I walked on that campus, I felt at home. (which says A LOT for a girl who was fearful and unfamiliar with churches and "churchy" people!") I loved the music, the clapping and dancing and singing like you mean it. I loved the smiles on every one's face and the "hi there, how are you today?" that poured out of everyone you walked by. Was this church or Disneyland? I loved the messages that were given in the sermons, so challenging yet easy to understand and so applicable to our everyday life. I loved how the church really wanted to get involved with the greater community and make a difference and really wanted to be in the business of saving lives. I love this place, love the people, love the mission, love the location, love how my kids love it and love how my heart is full and warm every time I am there. I just want to be there, all the time, surrounded by it's people and engrossed in it's work. I want to tell everyone I know about this place so that they can see how awesome God's people are. If this is a small glimpse of what heaven is like....man....I can't wait!

1 comment:

panderson said...

Your blog is named so appropriately Kimmy. Your words are inspiring to me. Your love is inspiring. It makes me want to rediscover my love for God all over again. Love you.