Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Treasure in Fragile Clay Jars

In my last entry, I wrote about how amazing it is that when you put your complete faith in Jesus Christ, that God's Holy Spirit takes up residence in your body...literally. Although it's a tough concept to accept, especially in 2007, I am living proof of it's truth. Not that my life was a complete mess before I met God, it wasn't, it was looking real good and my life was going great. But for me, that was exactly the problem. My life was full of blessings and I was terrified that it was all going to come to an end at any moment. I lived in fear that something terrible was going to happen and turn my life upside down. That is no way to live. God met me in that fear, shook things up, had me face it head on and then called me to him. I answered. I took the time to read and learn, to ask questions and challenge beliefs. And during that searching period, somewhere along the way, I made the decision to give up control and let God take over. I have no idea when it happened, but my heart changed and for the first time my life I felt whole and safe and purposeful. I didn't have anything to do with that, I can't take credit for any of it, it was God's spirit, moving inside of me, that made the change.

"We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves." 2 Corinthians 4:7

No comments: