Friday, May 11, 2007

Still Struggling

I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief. -Mark 9:24

In the quiet of my own thoughts and prayers I am strong, confident, proud and secure in my faith. When I am reading my Bible, I am assured, convinced, certain and I believe. When I am among my friends at church I feel comfortable, at ease, accepted and understood.
Yet when tragedy hits the community, or the news tells of violence, poverty and disease or a curious "unbeliever" questions me....I panic. It only lasts for a moment, but it's scary. What if I'm wrong? How can I have come so far and still be at the beginning?
I guess no matter how much I read, study and learn, I will still struggle with my faith. Faith is not something that we get without help. "And you can't take credit for this, it is a gift from God." (Ephesians 2:8) I will just have to continue to GROW in faith and keep coming to God to renew me.

No comments: